1. Games
  2. Login
  3. Register
  4. Support
  5. 21:10:35
  6. en

moonID.net - Please discuss stuff about moonID here → Discussions → FA/PA mechanics question

Doom75
avatar
Posted Sept. 11, 2026, 2:31 p.m.
Edited by Doom75 Sept. 11, 2026, 6:34 p.m.

Can someone explain the FA/PA mechanics to me?

If I have higher damage and higher FA than my opponent’s PA while also having higher PA than my opponent’s FA, then:

  • How do I sometimes still lose these battles?
  • How can my opponents sometimes parry significantly more attacks than I do, resulting in either a loss or turning what should be a quick and easy safety fight into a difficult one?
  • In some cases I end up taking much more damage than I would expect based on the difference in FA/PA stats.

I understand that a single lost battle could simply be bad luck or coincidence, however when this happens repeatedly it becomes difficult to see it that way.

I’m genuinely starting to question the point of investing more and more points into FA/PA if the stats don’t seem to produce the expected outcome.

p_b
avatar
Posted Sept. 12, 2026, 1:22 p.m.

Currently there's a random "seed" that's generated for each attack - I can't remember the random number genertor but it's a "very" random one when there is not much % difference in the FA/PA values.

In my experience you need 20% more to sway the RNG into your favour & 50% more to make it "guaranteed" that the RNG swings your way. anything higher isn't worth the extra - but as it is random it all helps.

SO low levels it's easy to get that advantage - but at high levels you need "seriously" large amounts more than to still have it essentially totally random.

(the seed value also decides if it is a crit or not as well I believe).

I had been led to believe that the new battlesystem that was being worked on, would massively alter this horrible mechanic that's annoyed us all for so long... sadly we've not seen this system or got anything specific about it & the developer who worked on it isn't with CRATR anymore.

Page:  1
You need to login to add a post.

Connecting... Connecting