1. Games
  2. Login
  3. Register
  4. Support
  5. 09:05:46
  6. en

moonID.net - Please discuss stuff about moonID hereDiscussions → Admin Rights Questions

jbcoops
Posted Jan. 31, 2024, 7:17 a.m.
Edited by jbcoops Jan. 31, 2024, 7:24 a.m.

I'd like to give Admin rights to my clanmates on MonstersGame. First... "Forum" doesn't work anymore, right? MoonID and MonstersGame no longer supports that (unfortunately) right? BTW shouldn't that link be removed by MoonID (of course I'd rather the boards came back lol).

Second, and most importantly, if I give them the ability to Add/Remove Members would they be able to remove me? I'm already savvy enough to not give them permission to delete the clan. Thanks in advance!

This message seems to indicate that giving the right to Add/Kick means all members. If I give a member this right but not the currently inoperable "Forum" does that change anything since they won't have Full Rights?

Admin rights Settings
NOTICE! If you grant members full admin rights or the right to 'Accept and kick' members and you lose the clan or all members due to the actions of these members, we will NOT restore the clan or the membership list! Choose your full admins wisely!

Show comments (1)
Patti CRATR.games
Posted Jan. 31, 2024, 6:11 p.m.

Hello :)

• Newsletter - The newsletter option gives the clan member the option of sending a newsletter to all clan members.
    • Forum admin - The forum admin option gives the clan member the right to change the forum (link). At that time there was a built-in clan forum in a test phase, but this was removed again because it was very buggy and so it was replaced by an optional link.
  • Clan description - The clan description option allows the clan member to change and customise the description of the clan.
  • Hire & Kick - This option allows your clan member to kick other members from the clan and accept new applicants.
  • Clan Wars - The Clan Wars option allows your clan member to start or cancel a clan war.
  • Disband clan - This option should be self-clearing, so your clan member can disband or delete the entire clan.
  • Full admin - With this option, you have all the rights mentioned above and are as high as the clan founder.

You shouldn't give anyone you don't trust the right to dissolve a clan or become a full admin, then no one can kick you :)

Show comments (2)
jbcoops
Posted Feb. 1, 2024, 3:31 a.m.

right... i totally understand that... but if you don't give them full admin rights... nor the ability to delete the clan... can they still kick you?

Patti CRATR.games
Posted Feb. 1, 2024, 7:29 a.m.

Good morning,

No, the full admin can only be kicked by another full admin.

Therefore, always give someone rights to something with caution.

E.g. forum admin, nobody can do anything bad with it except always set a new link to the clan forum.

Circular mail, everything is also okay, the person can only write to all clan members, that's nothing bad either.

But clan description, should someone change the description ? or delete it completely?

and so on :)

jbcoops
Posted Feb. 1, 2024, 9:48 p.m.

Thanks Patti!

Yeah... I'd like to give new clan members many Admin Rights... including Add/Kick. I won't give them Full Admin or Delete Clan and then everything should be cool!

Show comments (1)
Patti CRATR.games
Posted Feb. 2, 2024, 8:32 a.m.

I'd love to, but even when hiring and kicking out, you should always remember that everyone can kick out others, so always be careful here too, not that you have a clan alone afterwards :)

i quickly translated the wiki page yesterday, the graphics are still in german, unfortunately i hadn't created any english graphics yet, but i think the text in english helps:

CLAN

jbcoops
Posted Feb. 3, 2024, 10:30 p.m.

It would be better if "Add" and "Kick" were two separate permissions. Should I put this in the suggestion box?

Show comments (1)
Patti CRATR.games
Posted Feb. 4, 2024, 10:20 a.m.

you are welcome to post this as an idea :)

Page:  1
You need to login to add a post.

Connecting... Connecting