1. Games
  2. Login
  3. Register
  4. Support
  5. 20:02:46
  6. en

moonID.net - Please discuss stuff about moonID hereDiscussions → parry vs dexterity and combat art vs strenght balance

farro.ant
avatar
Posted Aug. 2, 2022, 11:14 p.m.
Edited by farro.ant Aug. 2, 2022, 11:15 p.m.

what seems a good balance between those 4 stats?
Is the combat art vs parry formula linear?
(if we have a player with 44 in ca and the opponent with 58 in parry it follows that the odds to hit are 44/[44+58] ?)

Show comments (3)
p_b
avatar
Posted Aug. 3, 2022, 10:46 a.m.

I've found that 1Hv1H and 2Hv2H builds have a much closer relationship with FA/PA scores - if both are close together then it's random who wins.

I've seen as a 2H that if the scores are closer then I lose more often against a 1H on these random aspects.

generally speaking my experience suggests, if you're looking for a more guaranteed win (via FA/PA alone not stats) you want to have about 50% (mimimum) more than your opposition.

EG is they have 100PA at least 150 FA would be needed to consistently parry them a significantly larger number of times.

Show comments (1)
farro.ant
avatar
Posted Aug. 3, 2022, 11:38 a.m.

ty

is 100 PA vs 150 FA more similiar to:

50 PA vs 100 FA
or
70 PA vs 100 FA
?

farro.ant
avatar
Posted Aug. 3, 2022, 4:44 p.m.
Edited by farro.ant Aug. 3, 2022, 4:47 p.m.

I think the formula must be a norm:
something like

ChanceToHit=(CA^y)/(PA^y+CA^y)

y=integer= probably 2

the norms give a number from 0 to 1 wich may be the probability an event occurs

p_b
avatar
Posted Aug. 3, 2022, 7:25 p.m.

It's hard to say - I think as FA/PA rises the % gaps change and you don't need as large an amount.

on the BG my FA & PA is 471 adjusted

I look to hit folks with 375-440 PA/FA adjusted numbers; lower PA is better from my experience.

it's only 10-20% lower; but I tend to win more than I lose if fighing in my BE and up to 1 more above it.

I'd have to export the results of each battle and plot the times I parried vs the opposition and the numbers to get a proper data driven hypothesis, but I cba to do that....

So I'll retract my previous statement and adjust it to 20% more in FA & PA than your opposition should result in a win - if your other stats are similar.

50% better would in theory enable you to hit above your level/stat range and be more likely to win it that way.

Show comments (1)
farro.ant
avatar
Posted Aug. 3, 2022, 8:41 p.m.
Edited by farro.ant Aug. 3, 2022, 8:50 p.m.

ty appreciate

just for curisity you with 475 CA&PA and rival 375 CA&PA you would have 62% chance to hit, your rival 38%

if y=2

you gave me a good idea of the importance of those skills, I will just start raising them when I see too much "unexpected" losses

ZuTyy-
avatar
Posted Aug. 5, 2022, 1 p.m.

there are so many different ways to equip your warrior. each possibility is differently effective on the home server than on the battleground.

In general, I would have said that a balanced two-handed player, for example, should always keep his martial arts and parry high enough that the values are just as expensive as his strength.

this is just one option that is used a lot. but to predict a win there are a lot of other factors.

p_b
avatar
Posted Aug. 8, 2022, 11:57 a.m.

I'm not sure that with a 2h build you want to keep your STR that low...

I'd more say you want to keep your STR and FA/PA numbers roughly the same.

A 2H build needs to hit hard and avoid taking damage against a 1H build.

It gets expensive as STR is 2x as much for each stat than FA/PA; but high numbers in all three imo are critical for a 2H build

Show comments (1)
ZuTyy-
avatar
Posted Aug. 9, 2022, 11:53 a.m.

example:

strenght: 500
stamina : 200
dexterity: (doesnt matter)
fighting ability: 700
parry: 700

havnt seen a single player in all the years with:

strenght: 700
stamina : 200
dexterity: (doesnt matter)
fighting ability: 700
parry: 700

if you have the time and gold to buy that much strenght you instandly go for more parry and FA.

maybe in the low levels there are players like this.
in the end it is not balanced

Show comments (3)
p_b
avatar
Posted Aug. 10, 2022, noon

on UK1 this is how most 2H have gone... don't have FA/PA numbers in the 700's but 500's are seen.

my unadjusted numbers are 393 STR and 418\419 FA/PA.

(dex is 272 as I'm an armoured 2H and not a zerker)

wouldn't say at lvl 170 I'm particularly low level either. (16th on the server - though admittedly i'm 100 levels below the top person)

Silitas
avatar
Posted Sept. 22, 2022, 3:03 p.m.

so with a 1H player i would be for ex

strenght 500
stamina 200
dex 500
fighting 700
parry 700

is right?

ZuTyy-
avatar
Posted Sept. 22, 2022, 9:04 p.m.

There are many different ways to play the one-hander successfully. This is one of them.

ZuTyy-
avatar
Posted Aug. 9, 2022, 12:14 p.m.

Luckily there are many different ways to play the game successfully. there is no one right way

KOBUDO
avatar
Posted Oct. 26, 2022, 10:38 a.m.

Like str and the weapon used give us an exact number about our attack or or like the sum of armor and dexterity gives an exact number about our defense there must be a certain ratio between fighting ability and parry.I mean, it doesn't make sense to me that there is a luck factor involved.l beleive in math.There is no room for ambiguity in mathematics.

Of course, there is a relation between these two factors and staminia, that is, the number of raunds.

Can't the win percentage be updated with a certain formula with the fa/p ratio?(Own fa/ opponent's p) it would be better if we could guess-know how many of the rounds we could win with the fa/p ratio formula.

It is very weird to be defeated by same person with the same stats after 1 hour I win because of the luck factor.

I'm sure most of us would like a fairer war environment where numbers and formulas determine instead of luck and uncertainty.

KOBUDO
avatar
Posted Nov. 14, 2022, 2:58 a.m.

Both my fighting ability and parry higher than my opponent but l get crit from the opponent and also he can hit 1 more raund than me,Does anyone have plausible explanation?

l spend a lot of time on the game but luck decides the fate of my battle.It is nothing but bullshit.

Page:  1
You need to login to add a post.

Connecting... Connecting